There are many factors to consider when choosing a tattoo shop. It is important to find a shop that is clean and sterile, has experienced artists, and offers a variety of styles. With so many shops to choose from, it can be difficult to know where to start. This guide will help you understand what to look for in a tattoo shop and how to choose the right one for you.
What to Look for in a Tattoo Shop:
When choosing a Tattoo shop it is important to find one that is clean and sterile. The shop should be free of any dirt or debris, and the artists should be wearing gloves and using fresh needles. The shop should also have a good reputation and be able to provide references upon request.
Different Types of Shops:
There are three main types of tattoo shops: traditional, flash, and custom.
- Traditional: These are the most common type of tattoo shop, and they usually specialize in American-style or traditional tattoos.
- Japanese tattoo shops: As the name implies, these shops specialize in Japanese-style tattoos.
- Portrait: These shops specialize in portrait-style tattoos, which are usually very detailed and lifelike.
- Medical: These shops specialize in tattooing people with medical conditions, such as cancer patients or people with diabetes.
- Custom: These shops specialize in creating unique, one-of-a-kind tattoos specifically for each individual client. The artists at these shops typically have a lot of experience and talent, and they are often able to create very detailed and beautiful tattoos.
- Flash: These shops typically have a wide selection of “flash” (pre-drawn) designs that clients can choose from. The artists at these shops are usually very skilled at tattooing these designs, and they can often create very beautiful tattoos.
- “Stick and poke”: These shops specialize in the “stick and poke” method of tattooing, which involves using a needle and ink to create a tattoo without the use of a machine. This method is often used for smaller, simpler tattoos.
- “Watercolor”: These shops specialize in creating tattoo designs that resemble watercolor paintings. The artists at these shops are typically very talented and skilled at creating these types of tattoos.
Custom tattoo shops create unique designs based on the client’s specifications.
How to Choose the Right Shop for You:
The best way to choose the right tattoo shop for you is to research the shops in your area and read reviews from other customers. Once you have a shortlist of potential shops, schedule a consultation with the artist to discuss your design ideas. Be sure to ask about the artist’s experience, the shop’s policies on cleanliness and sterilization, and the prices for the tattoo.
Benefits of Choosing the Right Shop:
Choosing the right tattoo shop can provide many benefits. A good tattoo shop will offer a clean and sterile environment, experienced artists, and a wide variety of designs to choose from. In addition, a good tattoo shop will be able to provide references upon request. Choosing the right tattoo shop can help ensure that you are happy with your tattoo for years to come.